Arizona's Workforce Development System
Workforce development and business development are the focuses of Arizona's workforce development system. Below is a list of the 7 partners that make up Arizona's workforce development system. Each of these partners offer a number of resources for businesses/employers and job seekers alike.
- Arizona Department of Commerce - who has a dual focus: Business Development and Community Development. Through leadership and collaborative partnerships, Commerce's mission is to create vibrant communities and a globally competitive Arizona economy.
- Arizona Department of Economic Security - whose mission is to promote the safety, well-being, and self sufficiency of children, adults, and families.
- Arizona Department of Education - whose mission is to ensure academic excellence for all students.
- Job Corps - whose mission is to attract eligible young people, teach them the skills they need to become employable and independent, and place them in meaningful jobs or further education.
- Housing and Urban Development - was one of the first federal initiatives to promote self-sufficiency and help provide computer access to HUD FHA-insured and -assisted housing communities.
- Local Workforce Investment Areas - provide assistance through the One-Stop Service Centers in each county, and
- Tribal Nations Investment Areas - provide members of tribal nations assistance through the tribal One-Stop Service Centers.